onsdag 21 oktober 2009

Dags att lyssna på Mr Volker, Mr President

The New York Times skriver om den tidigare chefen för federal reserve, Mr. Paul A. Volcker, länk.

I artikeln står följanne tänkvärda ord:

He wants the nation’s banks to be prohibited from owning and trading risky securities, the very practice that got the biggest ones into deep trouble in 2008. And the administration is saying no, it will not separate commercial banking from investment operations.

“I am not pounding the desk all the time, but I am making my point,” Mr. Volcker said in one of his infrequent on-the-record interviews. “I have talked to some senators who asked me to talk to them, and if people want to talk to me, I talk to them. But I am not going around knocking on doors.”

En som däremot inte längre lyssnar är president Barack Obama.

Det är illa för den finansiella tryggheten i världen.

Vad Mr Volcker föreslår är mera verkningsfullt än all världens bonustak.

Andra medier: DN,

Andra bloggar: e24.se, Alliansfritt Sverige,

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Skandal i uppsegling!

whoops

Hur påverkas regeringsarbetet?

- Peter Ingestad, Solna